Sport Performance Coach and Coordinator of Intermetro Wellness Center
24 June 2018
POSITION: Sport Performance Coach and Coordinator of Intermetro Wellness Center
CLASSIFICATION: Full time: 12 months (Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation
JOB FUNCTION: The sport and performance coach serves King's intercollegiate athletes and athletic teams in
addition to providing oversight for activities, daily operations and administrative oversight of the
Intermetro Wellness Center.
-Develop performance based testing protocol and an annual schedule which includes, but is not limited to speed, power, and agility measures.
-Create and maintain updated performance database to facilitate performance output reporting.
-Under the direction of the head athletic trainer, assist with pre-participation testing to include movement based testing protocol.
-Create, manage, and monitor an athletic conditioning program tracking system to facilitate objective measuring of compliance with performance and sport-specific in and off season programming.
-In coordination with head coaches; design, implement, and supervise the strength and conditioning program for all 27 intercollegiate athletic teams; including the management of web based programs.
-Perform duties associated with the daily operations of the Intermetro Wellness Center and services provided to student, faculty, staff, and the community.
-In coordination with the medical staff, assist in implementing post-rehabilitation and return to sport strength and conditioning programs.
-In coordination with financial aid office, oversee student employees. This includes hiring, training, scheduling, and mentoring.
-Oversee IWC cleanliness, equipment maintenance and purchase schedule.
-Produce and maintain records of IWC traffic flow reports; including program attendance and facility usage.
-Enforce IWC policies with staff and center users.
-Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQURIED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS 1. Literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), the Internet and
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Ability to multi task with success and meet deadlines.
4. Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as working independently.
5. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to workout programs for student
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Bachelor's degree in physical education, kinesiology, exercises science, health science, or
related field required.
2. Current NSCA-CSCS or CSCC certification required.
3. First Aid, CPR, AED certification required.
4. A minimum of three years strength and conditioning coaching experience at the collegiate
5. Unqualified background check (clearance)
6. Valid US Driver License and clear driving record check.
7. Ability to demonstrate proper lifting, agility techniques, standing for long periods as well as
the ability to lift, pull and push 25-50lbs on a regular basis.
8. Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
INTERESTED INTERNAL CANDIDATES PLEASE FILL OUT AN ONLINE
INTERNAL APPLICANT FORM NO LATER THAN TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2018.