Robert Morris University is currently seeking THREE qualified volunteer internship candidates for the 2020 Spring Semester. The strength and conditioning program will run from January 6th (date flexible) to May 1st. This is an unpaid position however, it is acceptable to have a part-time job to assist with personal finances. Chosen candidates can also have the opportunity to complete internship hours required for the CSCCa - SCCC exam under the mentorship of the Head Strength Coach.
The daily responsibilities will include but are not limited to: - Assisting with the supervision and execution of the strength and conditioning program for 14 DI athletic teams (including Football & Ice Hockey) *Interns coach our athletes on the floor*
- Attending to the daily maintenance of the training facilities
- Data input and upkeep
- Professional development throughout the semester
- Any other tasks assigned by the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Interns will gain hands on coaching experience in a collegiate setting, education in program design and application, have the potential to earn future recommendations for career opportunities and receive college credit if applicable. The internship program’s goal is to advance the intern’s future in the strength and conditioning profession.
Minimum Qualifications: - Strong work ethic, punctuality, enthusiasm and effective communication skills
- Desire to become a strength and conditioning coach
- First Aid, CPR & AED certified
Preferred Qualifications: - Pursuing or have attained a bachelor’s or master’s degree in exercise science, kinesiology, exercise physiology or related field
- Pursuing or have attained relevant certifications: SCCC, CSCS, USAW, FMS, etc.
- Previous coaching experience in a collegiate, professional, high school or private sector setting
- Competitive collegiate athletic involvement
It is strongly advised that all potential candidates make sure that this internship is economically feasible before applying. Individuals chosen for the position are subject to University background checks. To apply all candidates should send an email labeled “S&C Internship” with a cover letter, resume, and three professional references in one PDF or Word document attached to Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Robert Day at Day@rmu.edu by December 6th, 2019. Review of applicants will begin immediately.