General Statement of Duties The primary function of this position is to perform coaching responsibilities as assigned by the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. This person will assist in all phases of the strength and conditioning program. Overall supervision received by the Head Coach.
This is a full-time, 10-month appointment in the Department of Athletics.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Abides by all NCAA, institutional and conference rules and regulations.
- Assists in managing the varsity weight room facilities.
- Assists head coach in all facets of strength and conditioning program: coaching strength, speed, agility, flexibility, mobility, nutrition, testing and evaluation and purchasing.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Attend departmental and divisional meetings as necessary.
- This position is responsible for the integrity of Emory's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Emory University. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and positively impacts the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required. CSCCa or NSCA/CSCS certification required, USAW certification preferred; current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications; previous collegiate coaching experience; strong organizational, administrative and communication skills. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Experience in a multi-sport, broad based athletic program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple teams and individuals.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of computer applications.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Knowledge and ability to implement University and NCAA policies and procedures.
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.