|deadline||15 June 2021|
|employer||Webber International University|
Job Title: Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
Reports To: Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt
OVERVIEW: Under the supervision of the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach will be responsible for assisting in the development and management of individual and group strength training programs for men and women student-athletes participating in the intercollegiate athletics program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists student-athletes to perform to their physical potential in their sport through the development and management of individual and group weight, strength and fitness training programs.
- Assists in reduction of the likelihood of sports-related injuries or the aggravation of such injuries during practice sessions and scheduled contests.
- Assist in directing the appropriate pre-training session and pre-contest preparations and warm ups, and work with athletic trainers during all training sessions and contests.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate reports and/or records of student athletes’ progress.
- Assist in tailoring strength programs for specific needs to include demonstrating the proper performance of exercises.
- Provide proper instruction in the use of weight machines and condition equipment.
- Assist with the development of rehabilitation programs for injured athletes.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with the National Athletic Intercollegiate Association (NAIA) and WIU rules, regulations and policies.
- Instructs the team, group or individual student-athletes in the safe, correct, optimized and efficient execution of exercises in an effort to obtain the desired results.
- Other duties as assigned or become evident.
- Ability to conduct different therapeutic and recreational activities.
- Ability to advise students about exertion and stamina levels.
- Ability to evaluate a person’s physical strength to provide adequate information about diet and nutrition.
- Ability to monitor student athlete’s progress to guide them accordingly for the next training phase.
- Ability to teach student athletes the proper usage of various health equipment to include proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to monitor athletes as they train, correcting any lifting errors they make.
- Ability to relate to a diverse population in a professional manner.
- Ability to organize prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration on and off campus.
- Ability to remain professional at all times during stressful situations.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to include evenings and weekend work and in adverse conditions.
- Ability to use electronic mail software to include Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to use internet browser software to include Internet Explorer.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- The employee must be able to occasionally lift a maximum of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to spend a considerable amount of time standing, sitting, walking, squatting, crawling, kneeling, and/or stooping.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to spend a considerable amount of time using their hands to write, handle, control, and/or feel objects.
- This position works requires the individual to work on in a gym or enclosed setting.
- Early morning, evening, and/or weekends, overnight and out of town.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and 1-2 years of related experience or training; Master’s Degree preferred.
- CSCS Certification.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certified (or to be obtained within six months of employment; retained during course of employment).
- No recent driving violations/
- In possession of a current driver’s license.
To apply: send resume, cover letter, and references in one PDF document to Coach Austin Tomaz: email@example.com
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons, with or without notice. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.