Associate Director of Sports Performance, Women’s Basketball
15 April 2021
Duke University is seeking a qualified candidate to be the Associate Director of Sports Performance for the Women’s Basketball program. This position is responsible for implementing, conducting and monitoring strength and conditioning programs for the women’s basketball student-athletes.
Qualifications: - Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science (Master’s Degree Preferred), Physical Education or related field
- Certification in Strength and Conditioning (CSCC or CSCS) and a minimum of five years as a full time strength and conditioning coach
- CPR/First Aid Certification required
- The candidate must also possess strong organizational and communications skills
Essential Functions: - Writing and implementing Sports Performance programs to enhance strength, speed, basketball specific movements, cardiovascular endurance and sports specific skills for Women's Basketball as assigned by the Director of Sports Performance and Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
- Assisting in scheduling team workouts, observing and enforcing all safety protocols in the Basketball Weight Room.
- Assisting the Basketball Athletic Trainer and Physical Therapist with rehabilitation of sports related injuries to student-athletes.
- Working with the Sports Science Director in implementing sports science technology into the training needs of the team.
- Working with the team Nutritionist in developing nutrition programs for players.
- Performing all duties in compliance with NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
How to Apply: Interested Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references online at https://hr.duke.edu/careers/apply for Requisition Number 105948.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, or disability. Duke Athletics has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and is actively seeking to increase the racial and ethnic diversity of our staff.