SUMMARY: Lawrence Tech is searching for a Graduate Assistant for Strength and Conditioning. This individual will assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach at Lawrence Tech. Lawrence Tech is a members in the NAIA and plays in the WHAC as well as the ACHA and MCHC in hockey. The Graduate Assistant will report directly to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach in the implementation of a comprehensive strength plan for LTU’s athletic teams.
- Oversee and supervise scheduled team workouts.
- Oversee and maintain weight room, housing fitness center and other areas of the Don Ridler Field House.
- Assist in the scheduling of weight room times for LTU students athletes and other members of the LTU community.
- Assist in the inventory and ordering of strength, conditioning, fitness and other wellness equipment for LTU facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A candidate must possess a strong work ethic, organizational skills and the ability to interact professionally with both players and university administration. All candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and be accepted into the Lawrence Tech graduate school. All graduate assistants must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.7 while enrolled at Lawrence Tech.
COMPENSATION: - Half tuition will be covered by the University. The remainder of the credits taken by the student are the responsibility of the student. The GA must be a full time student.
- Housing is provided.
- Meal plan is provided.
- The GA will be paid an hourly wage for 20 hours per week
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
COMMENTS: Position requires interaction with players, faculty, staff, alumni, and boosters/parents of players. Hours may vary depending on student athlete’s schedules. Early mornings, nights and weekends are expected from this position.