William Penn University (NAIA - Oskaloosa, IA) is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant Athletic Performance coach. This is a 12 month position starting in June 2021 with a two year commitment. Full tuition waiver, a monthly stipend, apparel, and attendance to various professional conferences/clinics are included. Candidates must be admissible to the graduate program with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Responsibilities include assisting with the design and implementation for a variety of William Penn University’s collegiate sports. The qualified candidate will be assigned sports based on his/her background and experience. This will include programming and coaching opportunities at BOTH the collegiate and high school levels. The position will also assist the Director for Athletic Performance, help with maintenance of the Randleman Fitness Center, and perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletic Performance. Proven knowledge and experience with sport specific strength, speed, and agility programs is necessary. A HIGH PRIORITY IS GIVEN TO THOSE WHO PLACE AN IMPORTANCE ON GAINING LARGE AMOUNTS OF EXPERIENCE IN BOTH PROGRAMMING AND HANDS-ON COACHING!
- Candidates must hold a BA/BS in exercise science or a health-related field and be working toward certification as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength & Conditioning Association or the SCCC through the CSCCa.
- Candidates with an athletic background or experience (volunteer/intern) in a collegiate strength and conditioning program is preferred
- Candidates must possess strong communication skills and have the ability to effectively work with student athletes, the sports medicine staff, administrators, and sport coaches.
- Candidates must possess skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Qualified applicants email cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org