|deadline||15 August 2021|
|employer||Cleveland State University|
Assists the Director of Sports Performance in all facets of the strength and conditioning program for all varsity sports. Develop and implement year-round sports performance programs for DI Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams and other assigned teams. Trains and supervises student-athletes in physical strength and conditioning techniques, with primary focus on injury prevention and maximizing competitive performance. Assists with the day to day operations of the program, including organizing and maintaining strength and conditioning facilities. Communicates and works with sport coaches and assists sports medicine staff and administrators with issues related to overall student-athlete wellness. Interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, kinesiology or related field. 2 years of Division I weight room coaching experience. At least one of the following certifications: Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS); Strength & Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC.KSAs
• Knowledge of principles of athletic strength and conditioning programming;
• Knowledge of facilities and equipment.
• Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules.
Master’s degree in exercise science or related field. 4 years of direct oversight of Division I men’s and/or women’s basketball. USA Weightlifting Certification (USAW). Knowledge of athletic injury prevention and treatment protocols.
Supervisor: Director of Sports Performance
1. Provides specialized strength conditioning and instruction on the proper methods of weight training to
varsity basketball and other assigned team sport coaches and student-athletes under the direction of the
Director of Sports Performance.
2. Develop and coordinate training programs that assist the basketball student-athletes in developing overall
physical strength and reaching conditioning goal levels. Attend basketball practice regularly and attend all
home basketball games. Travel with basketball teams as necessary during competitive season.
3. Provides motivational encouragement, counsel and supervision to student-athletes that helps to create a
culture of mental and physical toughness that mandates team accountability.
4. Coordinates with Director of Sports Performance to organize and schedule strength and conditioning workouts
for basketball and other assigned teams . Ensures facilities are maintained, inspects all athletic
equipment, supervises repair, reconditioning and/or disposal of faulty items, in conjunction with Director
of Sports Performance.
5. Maintains a close and positive working relationship with Basketball and other assigned teams sport coaches,
working to develop and implement team conditioning regimens. Keeping coaching staff apprised of issues
related to student-athlete conditioning.
6. Works with athletic training staff in the rehabilitation of injured student-athletes to get them back to
7. Assists sports medicine staff and administrators with overall student-athlete wellness programs.
8. Participates in development of off-season conditioning programs.
9. Undertakes and maintains a positive public relations image. Promotes a positive public image on and off
campus, among team members and coaching staff.
10. Enforces all department policies relative to student-athletes, weight room, training room and equipment
room. Maintains knowledge of NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
11. Incorporates principles of teamwork with all University organizational levels in the resolution, completion
and follow-up of various responsibilities.
12. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in continuing education courses,
professional organizations, seminars and workshops, reading current literature and maintaining professional
contacts in the community.
13. Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
Apply at: https://hrjobs.csuohio.edu/postings/14480