Fresno State University Strength & Conditioning is currently accepting applications for the position of Intern Strength and Conditioning Coach to contribute to the Program for Fall 2018. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to assist the full-time staff with training sessions and all 19 Olympic Sports in compliance with NCAA rules.
This is an unpaid opportunity that offers valuable knowledge and hands on experience assisting the full-time coaching staff in all aspects of the strength and conditioning program and teams as assigned. During the internship, potential candidates will receive experience working at the Division 1 level, have the potential to earn recommendations for future career opportunities and receive college credit if applicable.
Required Qualifications: - Potential candidates must possess a strong work ethic and character, great energy and enthusiasm, as well as the ability to demonstrate effective organization and communication skills.
- Potential candidates must have a great desire to learn about the strength and conditioning profession as well as pursue a career in the collegiate setting.
- Required qualifications include current CPR/ AED certification, as well as achievement or current pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science or related course of study, and SCCC or CSCS certification.
- Previous experience in a strength & conditioning program, coaching internship experience or collegiate athletics experience is preferred.
Potential Intern Responsibilities: - Assisting full-time strength and conditioning staff with implementation of training for assigned teams.
- Assisting with supervision of athletes and training facilities.
- Assisting with setup and breakdown down of equipment for training sessions.
- Active participation in projects and assignments throughout the duration of the internship.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the strength and conditioning staff.
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as they are earned.
Interns must be able to commit a minimum of 30 hours per week. Our goals are to provide the guidance, knowledge and experience in order for our interns to advance in the field of strength and conditioning after completion of the internship program. This internship is expected to begin Monday, August 13th, 2018, and end no later than Friday, December 21st, 2018.
To apply, send an email with the subject line, "Fresno State S&C Internship - Last Name, First Name." Send your cover letter, resume and list of three professional references together in one PDF file to Nick O'Brien, Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.