Assistant Coach - Strength and Conditioning
Vacancy #: 002206
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview The athletics department mission is to represent East Carolina University with distinction and create a challenging and supportive environment for student-athletes to excel in the classroom, in competition, and in life. We are committed to the highest standards of character, honesty, effort, and sportsmanship; respecting all people, their personal identities, differences and beliefs; and to provide a safe and equitable environment for student-athletes' academic, athletic and personal development. The highly visible athletics program is committed to NCAA compliance, comprehensive excellence and to be trustworthy stewards of the aspirations of our student-athletes, the resources we manage, the reputation of our University, and our mission of service. The strength & conditioning department oversees and maintains the conditioning and strength training for the athletes participating in 19 sports.
Job Duties The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Athletics for Strength & Conditioning, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties with the approval of the Assistant Director of Athletics for Strength & Conditioning:
- Comprehensive strength and conditioning program design for student-athletes as assigned by the Assistant Director of Athletics for Strength and Conditioning.
- Detailed instruction and education to execute all training exercises safely and correctly specific to performance enhancement methods to achieve desired results.
- Testing and evaluation of student-athletes to effectively monitor desired training outcomes.
- Strategic scheduling for effective and efficient use of athletics facilities by teams.
- Support recommendations as set forth by athletics department designated registered dietitian for good nutrition and supplementation for the health and performance of the student athletes.
- Promote commitment, teamwork and develop a working relationship, establish rapport with, and ensure open lines of communication with the coaching staffs, student-athletes of all teams and athletic training staff.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with Pirate Club, athletics, and University staff, students, business vendors and all donors and stakeholders.
- Abide by all written policies and procedures of ECU, the Department of Athletics, The Educational Foundation (Pirate Club), the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Athletics for Strength & Conditioning.
Minimum Education/Experience - Minimum of one year of permanent, full-time experience as a strength and conditioning coach at the collegiate level is required.
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science or a related field is required.
- Certification through the CSCCa or NSCA is required (certification must be uploaded and attached to application).
- SCCC or CSCS are required.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are required.
- Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education Master's degree in exercise science or a related field is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicant CSCCa or NSCA certification must be uploaded and attached to application.
Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Original transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university's diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to Applicants In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy #002206 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/19911