University of Massachusetts - Lowell:
An NCAA Division I program that is a member of the America East conference is currently accepting applications for seeking highly motivated candidates for non-benefited Sports Performance Coach. This position will meet the requirements needed to sit for the CSCCa (Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified) certification examination.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Under direction of supervisor, assist with planning and implementation of sport-specific strength and conditioning
programs for sports teams on a year-round basis. This shall include instructing, monitoring progress, evaluating
speed, agility, and other pertinent aspects of strength and conditioning regimes of student-athletes.
2. Working closely with all head coaches, or their designee, to plan, organize and facilitate sports performance
goals and needs of respective team.
3. Collaborating effectively with Athletic Health Care staff to ensure student-athletes' needs relative to sports
performance are properly addressed.
4. Maintaining appropriate documentation/records and providing progress reports as requested to supervisor and/or
5. Maintaining current certification as required by governing bodies sanctioned by NCAA.
6. Ensuring proper use and maintenance of equipment and enforcing safety procedures.
7. Communicating effectively with students, coaches, staff and alumni.
8. Adhering to University, NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned
Promote the University's commitment to customer service by:
-Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
-Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
-Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Regular early morning and evening hours required, and occasional weekends in peak seasons.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area
Compensation is $20,000 annually (No Benefits) this compensation rate is dependent on final funding approval
This will fulfill the education and experience requirements of a 640 hour CSCCa-approved mentored practicum. This is a non-benefited position, with an opportunity for renewal.
Required: Bachelor's degree and Certification (SCCC or CSCS)
Preferred: Master’s Degree and SCCC certification preferred/ not required.
Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a collegiate athletic setting. Commitment to the profession of sports performance is a must.
Email a letter of application, resume, and three references (Names and Phone Numbers) to Keith Vinci, Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Performance, at email@example.com (Subject line: Sports Performance Coach)