|deadline||01 August 2021|
WORK LOCATION: Grand Rapids - Lettinga Campus
TARGET HIRING RANGE: $10,000 paid annually over the duration of the contract. Actual Pay offered will be commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience, and pay equity both internal and external.
This position has responsibilities of assisting with development and running of a strength and conditioning program for the athletic department. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission, and values which include diversity, equity, and inclusion.
1) Assist in developing and implementing a strength and conditioning program focused on performance enhancement and injury prevention for student athletes.
2) Assist with instruction of speed, conditioning, plyometric and sport specific athletic enhancement
3) Assists in the documentation of student athlete’s progress in areas to include but not limited to strength, speed, power and explosion metrics.
4) Ensure the safe and appropriate use of all equipment with established guidelines while also ensuring inspections and safety of facility and equipment
5) Assists with the monitoring of weight room activities during assigned and open times for student-athletes.
6) Maintain open lines of communication with DU staff, coaches and student athletes to ensure the safety of our student-athletes.
7) Abide by the rules and regulations of the league in which you will be competing.
8) Understand and abide by universal standards of confidentiality and ethical decision-making.
9) Responsible for assisting the head coach with recruiting of student athletes.
10) Responsible for taking a leadership role in the athletic program.
11) Assist Athletic Department in athletic issues as needed.
12) Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
13) Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
14) Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
15) Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one year experience at collegiate level
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science or related field
- CSCS, SCCC or USAW Certification
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
- Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain). Some travel between locations required (own transportation). May be some heavy lifting involved.
As a contract coach you will be eligible for a robust array of benefits that include tuition remission, flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities and more!