Description: Sacred Heart University is looking to fill 2 Graduate Assistants positions for the fall of 2021. The Graduate Assistant would report directly to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and becoming an integral part of SHU Strength and Conditioning Staff. The successful candidates would be solely responsible for the design and implementation of strength and conditioning programs for up to 4-5 different sports teams and would also assist with football. These successful candidates would also assist with the internship curriculum. Other duties may involve overall maintenance of the weight room, assisting in weight room design.
Qualifications: - A Bachelor's degree and acceptance/enrollment into Graduate Program at Sacred Heart University
- One or more of the following certifications: SCCC, CSCS, USAW
- Undergrad experience in exercise science or related field
- Previous strength and conditioning experience in collegiate setting
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Knowledge and Skills Required: - Ability to demonstrate and teach Olympic lifts, power lifts, running mechanics and change of direction
- Ability to evaluate Olympic lifts, power lifts, running mechanics and change of directions
- Candidate must posses a strong work ethic, & attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) & Google Apps (Sheets, Docs, Calendar)
- Strong ability to communicate and work well with others
Compensation: - Tuition Waiver for Graduate Credits
- Monthly Stipend
How to Apply: To apply submit cover letter, resume, and references in single pdf form to Chris Fee @ email@example.com. Application deadline for consideration is Friday April 9, 2021.