|deadline||15 June 2021|
Founded in 1896, Wingate University is a laboratory of difference-making that serves more than 3,600 students in North Carolina. Wingate offers 36 undergraduate majors as well as six master’s and four doctoral programs. The University is home to the Cannon College of Arts and Sciences; the Levine College of Health Sciences; the Byrum School of Business; and the College of Professional Studies, which includes the Thayer School of Education and the School of Sport Sciences. The University’s motto is “Faith, Knowledge, Service.” Learn more at www.wingate.edu.
Position Title: Assistant Sports Performance Coach
FLSA Classification: EXEMPT, FULL TIME
Position Summary: The Wingate University athletic department provides student athletes with the opportunity and encouragement to progress toward and ultimately earn the degree of their choice. Additionally, student-athletes are provided the opportunity to develop athletic abilities in an environment consistent with the high standards of academic scholarship, leadership, and spiritual growth as set forth in the University statement of purpose. Under the direction of the Director of Sports Performance, the Assistant Sports Performance Coach will develop and implement appropriate strength, speed, nutrition and conditioning programs for the Wingate University football program and other assigned teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively teach and execute proper technique of lifts and drills; strong command and supervision of team workouts.
- Designs and conducts daily training programs in order to maximize physical performance of student-athletes.
- Assist in all aspects of the Wingate Sports Performance daily operations.
- Assist sports medicine staff with rehabilitation of sports related injuries to student-athletes.
- Help mentor current/future graduate assistants, interns and volunteer Sports Performance coaches.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the Sports Performance facility.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Current NSCA CSCS or CSCCa SCCC certification
- One + years of collegiate or professional sports performance experience
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace, with a variety of teams,
coaches, sports medicine and nutrition professionals, and support staff
- The candidate must also possess strong organizational and communications skills
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other Office programs
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience working simultaneously with a wide range of sports
- Demonstrated experience collecting, tracking, and utilizing athlete data to
enhance sports performance program
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally & writing
- Knowledge of nutrition and supplementation for college-level athletes
- Proficiency with strength and conditioning technology is encouraged
- Certifications encouraged: USAW, FMS, CISSN, PRI, etc.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Wingate University abides by all federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person’s race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age (over 40), sex, marital status or physical handicap, except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists. Wingate University is committed to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and its amendments. Wingate University expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.