Description: Mississippi State University is seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill a paid Strength and Conditioning internship position. The position will work primarily with Men's and Women's Basketball. This is a 10-month paid internship starting July 1st, 2021 and running through April 31st, 2022. Potential candidates must adhere to and uphold all written policies and procedures of Mississippi State University, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and the Southeastern Conference (SEC).
Duties and Responsibilities: - Assist in all daily operations of the Men's and Women's Basketball Strength and Conditioning programs.
- Effectively teach and execute proper technique of lifts and drills; strong command and supervision of team workouts.
- Assist with the design and implementation of daily training programs in order to maximize physical performance of student-athletes.
- Assist strength and conditioning staff and sports medicine staff with return to play protocols following potential injuries.
- Help mentor current/future interns and volunteer Strength and Conditioning interns.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the Strength and Conditioning facility and adjacent Basketball practice facilities.
Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Requirements: - Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Current CSCCa SCCC or NSCA CSCS certification
- One + years of collegiate or professional sports performance experience
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace, with various staff members including sport coaches, sports medicine, nutrition professionals, and support staff
- The candidate must also possess strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Work and other Office programs
Preferred Education and Experience: - Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated experience collecting, tracking, and utilizing athlete data to enhance sports performance
- Proficiency with strength and conditioning technology is encouraged
- Certifications encouraged: USAW, FRC, FMS, CISSN, PRI, etc.
Compensations: Pay for this position is $15/hr split evenly over 720 hours during the 10-month position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Mississippi State University is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex, (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.