SUMMARY: The Strength and Conditioning Coach/Injury Prevention specialist will work with Lawrence Tech student athletes to ensure maximum performance and prevent injury. He/she will work with coaching staff to develop a plan that fits each team’s needs. He/she will work closely with student athletes to monitor workouts, ensure proper technique, and report any issues to coach and/or athletic administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain or improve physical conditioning by designing and implementing supervised programming (i.e. strength, flexibility, cardiovascular fitness) for student athletes and teams, including sport specific instruction.
- Educate and instruct student athletes on the proper biomechanics and safety precautions during supervised programming
- Develop and implement therapeutic conditioning exercise(s) using appropriate technique and procedures to aid recovery and restoration of function on an individual basis
- Allow for high level of return to play for student athletes transitioning from rehabilitation to full play/game speed
- Promote healthy lifestyle behaviors using appropriate education and communication strategies (i.e. exercise, nutrition, behavioral strategies)
- Effective communication with athletic trainers assigned to LTU, including referral of injuries and illness to the athletic training room
- Track, monitor, and effectively utilize training application TrainHeroic (or other applicable app) to ensure student athlete participation in their program
- Identify needs in weight room and throughout facility. Work with athletic administration to identify potential areas of need and remedy said need.
- Work with LTU students, faculty, staff, alumni to develop fitness programs when needed
- Ability to teach fitness class(es) to the LTU community
- Promote LTU’s fitness and wellness program to the Lawrence Tech community