Louisville Sports Performance is accepting for voluntary internship positions for the fall semester of 2021. This is a semester-long position that will begin in August and end in November.
Responsibilities - Complete LSP mentorship curriculum: including classroom sessions, coaching demonstrations, readings, written assignments, and special projects
- Assist performance staff in developing and implementing performance programs for Olympic sports: including strength, speed, conditioning, and testing sessions
- Facility maintenance, cleaning, and upkeep
Qualifications - Current First Aid/CPR/AED
- Ability to commit to at least 20 hours per week
- Previous experience in formal exercise instruction
- Currently pursuing or holding an exercise science or related degree
- Currently pursuing or holding SCCC or CSCS certification
- Strong desire to pursue a career in collegiate or professional sports performance
Compensation This is an unpaid position. Motivated interns will gain experience and knowledge in collegiate sports performance
Deadline Applications will be accepted until July 2, 2021. '
How to Apply 1. Go to cardinalsperformance.com, click on the MENTORSHIPS link and complete the form.
2. You will need to have the following prepared for the form:
a. A resume with 3 references
b. A 3-5 minute video introducing yourself, describing your background, why you want to be an intern with Louisville Sports performance, along with you performing 3 exercises of you choice.
Note to international applicants: Due to the turnaround time for visa documentation you need to apply at least two semesters in advance of the term you would like to complete your internship. So, if you would like to participate in the Spring of 2021, you should apply in the Summer of 2020.