The University of Cincinnati, Sports Performance Department, is seeking to fulfill 4-5 volunteer internship positions for Olympic Sports for the upcoming Fall 2021 semester. Individuals must be highly motivated for progression into the strength and conditioning field. Said individuals will gain knowledge and experience at the Division I level with opportunity to work with all Olympic Sports that train at the University.
Internship is one (1) semester long, 15 weeks, with opportunity upon completion to be re-hired for next semester.
May fulfill college course credit required for graduation.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to: 1. Clerical duties including data/GPS analysis
2. Assisting with Athlete supervision during training sessions
3. Assisting Full Time Strength Coaches with departmental duties
4. Assisting Sports Performance Staff with daily maintenance duties
5. Developing professional knowledge required for strength and conditioning coach success
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Currently holding a strength coach certification and/or strong desire to obtain strength coach certification via CSCCA-SCCC and/or NSCA-CSCS
2. Currently holds bachelor degree in exercise science and/or pursuing masters in exercise science or related field
3. Certified CPR/First Aid or working towards completion
Compensation: This is an unpaid volunteer position. You will gain the opportunity to network and develop yourself professionally amongst Division I sports performance coaches in the field of athletic performance.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and two (2) letters of reference in one (1) PDF document.