|deadline||01 August 2021|
|employer||Presentation High School|
General Job Description:
Presentation High School is seeking excellent candidates for a position in our Athletic Department beginning August 2021. The Strength and Conditioning Coach in the Athletic Department at Presentation coordinates the weight room schedule, develops and implements a strength training program for student-athletes and teams, and ensures that proper lifting and spotting techniques are being used by all students and adults. In addition, may provide guidance and training in the area of nutrition for all student?athletes and sports teams at Presentation High School.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design and supervise sport-specific weight training and conditioning programs for all sports at Presentation
High School for in-season, off-season, and pre-season.
2. Set up and monitor all rules and regulations that are to be followed by all users of the weight room and
oversee the safety condition of the weight room.
3. Enforce appropriate guidelines for student behavior and decorum in the weight room.
4. Teach, demonstrate and provide guidance of proper lifting and spotting techniques to all users (students and
5. Work in collaboration with coaches to develop and implement a strength and conditioning program for all
teams and individuals.
6. Work in cooperation with the athletic trainer in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
7. Oversee the maintenance of equipment in the weight room.
8. Make recommendations to the Athletic Director to maintain and improve the weight room equipment.
9. Maintain up-to-date records for the strength programs for teams and individual student-athletes.
10. Develop and maintain effective professional relationships with student-athletes.
11. Possess strong motivational and disciplinary abilities.
12. Support the mission and philosophy of the department and school.
13. Abide by all department and school policies and regulations.
14. Understand current trends in fitness.
15. Operate and maintain a sanitary weight room environment.
16. Update the Athletic Director on equipment needs and upgrades.
17. Other duties and/or projects as assigned by the Athletic Director and/or Principal.
Bachelor’s Degree required. A bachelor’s degree in exercise physiology, kinesiology, nutrition or other
equivalent is preferred.
Possess current and valid strength & conditioning certification (i.e. CF level 1 or higher; CSCS; NSCA,
Current first aid and CPR/AED certification is required.
Experience working with high school students.
Successful experience as strength and conditioning coach, preferably with high school students.
Have a strong working knowledge and ability to demonstrate the appropriate skills and lifting techniques.
Experience in strength training and fitness programming for diverse populations.
Excellent organizational, management and communication skills.
Available and willing to work occasional co-curricular events.
A commitment to the educational philosophy of Presentation High School and a willingness to be an active,
enthusiastic member of the Presentation community. Physical Requirements:
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Ability to walk up and down stairs without aid.
Ability to work in a variety of environments (indoor, outdoor, concrete, artificial turf, hard-wood floors).
Reports to the Athletic Director
Hours may vary based upon season
Salary: Determined On Experience
Interested applicants are asked to download the appropriate non-teaching PDF application. Complete the application and email your application, a letter of interest, resume, and contact list of references to email@example.com. Qualified applicants will be contacted regarding next steps.
Presentation high school is a Catholic, college preparatory school for young women. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a close-knit professional community. We seek talented and innovative professionals who have a commitment to excellence.